You want to go to the project but you’re worried about your parent’s response? Cheer up, you’re not alone.
Do you think your parents will react negatively? Or do you feel awkward telling them about what God is doing in your life? Rest assured, that’s normal. Remember, your parents are one of God’s most precious gifts to you. They have given you years and years of love. In fact, stop right now to consider all they have done for you. Have you always responded with gratitude? Granted, they’re not perfect. But then again, neither are you. They want the best for you. Let them know what’s happening in your life.
- Pray that your parents will have a positive response, and that you will respect their decision. (Ephesians. 6:1-3)
- Tell them why you want to go and how it will help you grow as a person and as a Christian.
- You’ll be exposed to experienced mentors.
- You’ll receive training in how to grow as a Christian.
- You will develop skills in leadership, communication and teamwork.
- You’ll be able to meet a lot of new friends who will have a positive influence in your life
- Ask for your parents’ input. Don’t think you know it all. It’s amazing, but the rest of your life you will be discovering just how wise your parents really are!
- Be lovingly persistent, but give them time to think about it and decide. This will communicate two things. First, it will show them you really want to go. Second, it will communicate that you respect them and are concerned about with what they think.